* Beautiful Khmer floating village untouched by tourists
* Beautiful Kayaking in the Mangrove forest and Tonle Sap Lake
* View sunset on boat
* Delicious Khmer meals with local family
* Early morning kayaking in Prek Toal Floating Village
* Visit the World Famous Bird Scantuary of Prek Toal in Tonle Sap Lake
* Experience the daily life with warm friendly smiles
* One night stay with local family in the floating house
* No kayak skills needed
* You are in the good hands of our professional team
* Beyond Angkor temples experience
* Once in life time experience to share with others back home
* Giving back to village communities through positive tourism
* Interact with the local people learning about their daily lifestyles living on the lake
* There are so much more that beyond our descriptions here
* This is an amazing experience not to be missed when visiting Cambodia
Day1: Siem Reap – Mangrove Forest Kayaking – Homestay in Prek Toal Floating Village.
In the afternoon (2PM) you will be picked up by our air-conditioning vehicle
In the morning you will be picked up by our air conditioned vehicle and welcomed by our professionally trained guide, who will be able to explain the local customs on how the local people live, work, and trade in the village on the great Tonle Sap Lake. It will take us 45 minutes to drive from Siem Reap to boat pier of Mechrey Floating Village, Tonle Sap Lake.
On arrival at boat pier, you will embark on the local Khmer Traditional Boat to ride 30 minutes to Mechrey Floating Village where our guide will tell you the story of the villager, Floating Village, and Tonle Sap Lake. Get into our Kayak Station (one of the floating houses in the village), interact with the local family, load the kayaks into our big boat and cruise to Mangrove Forest, 30 minutes.
Get on the Kayaks and paddle gently through the most beautiful Mangrove forest in Tonle Sap Lake, very peaceful with a lot of sounds from birds, and admire the nature… take about 1 hour then we paddle out to the open lake.
Get on our big Khmer Traditional boat again to cruise to Prek Toal Floating Village within 1 hour, sunset view on the boat.
On arrival at the Prek Toal Floating Village, you are welcomed and greeting by the local family where you will have dinner and overnight in their floating home.
Day 2: Bird Sanctuary – Siem Reap
Early morning (6AM) we enjoy the kayaking through the village, Prek Toal is the biggest floating village in Tonle Sap Lake, witness the early morning activities of the villagers, getting ready for their fishing and children rowing wooden boat to school.
Breakfast will be provided in our floating house, then we can take the long tail boat that manager by the birding team and ride to the bird sanctuary where you will watching different pieces of bird include some rare birds in the world but the most popular ones Spot billed Pelican, Painted Stork, Lesser Adjutant, Greater Adjutant, Black headed Ibis, Oriental Darter, Milky Stork, there is a globally significant population of Grey-headed Fish Eagles and the secretive Masked Finfoot.
Return to Prek Toal and have lunch with the local community
After lunch we ride the boat to Mechrey Village and take about 1 hour to kayak through this small beautiful village to learn the local lifestyle before we get back to the boat pier and transfer to Siem Reap (about 4-5pm we are back to the town)
Pick up & Drop off: At your hotel in Siem Reap
Professional qualified guides, quality kayaking & safety equipment, two small bottles of water, one soft drink or local beer, lunch, returned transfers to/from the meeting point, dry bags for your cameras and big friendly smiles!
You will need:
Shorts, T-shirt, rubber shoes, sunscreen, a hat, and a sense of adventure!
Private, Tour Costs are net Per Person in US Dollars